| 37. You do not have the Love of God within you – John 5:42
37. Chapter – John 5:42
Written down through Jacob Lorber on the 27.02.1844
1. But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you! – This verse fits the end of this addition perfectly.
2. This I said to the Jews, for within them was the dead letter of the law. The work of the ceremony, the work of pretence was more important to them than the Living one Himself, who was telling them such things.
3. That is why they were blinded and they saw in Him – who was living eternally – nothing else than an ordinary man and they at most marveled about a remarkable miracle, sometimes also about a wise word, if they were present to witness such things, when they happened or were spoken; and if they were not present, they didn’t believe, that I did or spoke this or that, and they tried to suspect everything one way or the other. Where it was not enough to naturalize or deny something, there I had to be a possessed one, who is working by the power of the devil.
4. Why did they not recognize the Lord of life, even though it was the will and intention of the Lord for them to recognize Him? – The reason for this lies in the text, which says… And the love is not within you!
5. Why can one not recognize the Lord without love? – One cannot recognize Him without love for the same reason, as a blind one cannot see what surrounds him, or why a deaf person cannot hear the voice of his friend!
6. For love is life, so only life itself can see and hear, because death is not able to do so. Therefore, the Jews could not recognize the Lord of life among them, because they did not have the life of love within them, the life which is a free life out of God, while every other life is only a judged life, which in comparison to the life of love is death in its purest form.
7. For whoever does not have a life of love is nothing but a vain machine, which is only set in motion by worldly desires, and its seeing, hearing and feeling is purely mechanical, and thus can never lift itself above the judged sphere of the judged limitations. Only the true life of love is an independent and free one, and it can therefore destroy all the barriers from within, so that it can swing upwards to Him, who is His innermost motive.
8. Nobody can see in their natural sphere, what they do not have withing themselves, how then could someone behold and recognize My Being, when they have nothing of Him in their heart?!
9. That is why I tell you… Let go of everything, keep the love only, then you will recognize what the Jews did not recognize, and behold, what their eyes couldn’t see!
10. There are many in this world, who don’t have love within themselves! Therefore, they think, that the shadow – which is nothing – would be the reality. But they do not see and recognize Me, even though I am always among them, because they have no love!
11. Likewise, there are those among you, who seek, where there’s nothing to find; but where it walks in front of them in a living manner, shining, they cannot see or recognize it!
12. These people still weigh the diamonds together with the pebbles in one weighing pan! But what is the weight of the pebbles right next to the diamond? Why marvel at the rubbish from afar, and passing by the gold in one’s own house indifferently?
13. It’s not enough to only know the value of the gold, – but one must also learn to choose the gold above the rubbish, and know, how to honor it in a living manner! Only those, who have the love in its fullness, can do so; but whoever drifts back and forth, cannot do it and won’t be able to do it for a long time. Therefore, they will experience the same as the Jews did, who were also not able to distinguish the Lord from an ordinary man.
14. Therefore, I tell you and thus remind you, that I have given you a lot; but only those, who have the Love within themselves, will recognize it as a pure gift from Me!
15. Whoever calculates in the love and counts what he does and gives, to him I will do the same – and the calculator and counter will not become free before Me, until he has banned the calculating and counting from himself! In the same way, the love must be free and must not get advice from the head for its inner activities!
16. I want to reward the wise donor with wisdom; but for the free and loving donor, I Myself become the reward! But everyone, who does not become active out of free love, will not see the face of the Lord, until they become active out of free love!
17. This, I say, the eternally Faithful, the True, the First and the Last, as a Father, in all love, to your full attention!