|Volcanoes… The Chimneys of Hell, Earthquakes, Hail, Storms and o…|
Volcanoes… The Chimneys of Hell, Earthquakes,
October 4, 1840
The holy, most loving Giver of all good things gave us through His servant Jakob Lorber this piece of bread unto eternal life.
1. What has been reported lately about the fissures as well as the wide cracks of the earth, these have one and the same cause as the cessation of the springs and the drying up of the wells, as well as the receding of the sea and some lakes.
2. Namely, before any such violent earthquake happens, the (evil human) spirits, which have returned from the world to matter, gather in hordes and large groups. This gathering of the spirits at certain points of the earth offers the following phenomenon to the natural human understanding: When minerals and water meet, a certain chemical decomposition happens, which you generally refer to as ‘fermentation’. Thereby different gasses develop which will start to look for a way out. On such an occasion they find their way into an empty space, and there, many years later, they often accumulate to such an extent that they gradually begin to lift up the earth clod above such spaces by their natural tension.
3. When the earth is thus raised more and more, it naturally begins to develop fissures, which then, depending on the continuation of the elevations, become larger and larger, finally forming fissures and deep chasms. When in this way the gases accumulating underground have reached the large water reservoirs through small fissures, they gradually fill the surface of the latter, rising through the waters, and so violently that these waters, which all underground springs usually come from, are then separated from the upper veins, raising the outer crust of the earth often by eighty, a hundred or even two hundred fathoms (150 – 350 meters) – On such an occasion, all springs originating from there fail, and the wells dry up, and the sea, which is always connected to these subterranean waters, as well as other large lakes, recede considerably from their shores, which, of course, must happen, since the great reservoir of waters is separated from the surface waters by the intervening gasses.
4. Now look, this is how this entire phenomenon appears to the natural eye, that is, to the sense of the natural mind! – But in truth it is not so. Rather, as was mentioned at the beginning, when the other spirits, still at rest, are offended and flustered by the accumulation of spirits and their mad activity, then usually a peacemaking angel is sent there from the heavens. He opens gaps in the interior of the earth from the great water reservoirs to the places where the occupants have become mutually ardent in their deadly zeal. Now the spirits of peace hidden in these waters seek to calm these enraged mobs, and there, during such activity, the spirits of peace gather in great masses by the constant accession of the water. And what was said earlier about the gasses, behold, this is the superior number of the spirits of peace, which, at the behest of the angel, have emerged from the water to appease the enraged infernal hordes of spirits.
5. Then, if such a continued assistance of the spirits of peace from the water is of no avail, the angel – as already known from the earlier report about the earthquake – foils the reckoning of such evil spirits, among which the so-called great spirits of the world are the worst. This foiling of such evil calculations of the spirits consists in the fact that the powerful angel thoroughly grasps the place, where still unborn spirits live oppressed, and, with great force, instantly tears it into the smallest pieces.
6. The now released spirits, since they themselves have become completely incandescent, then also ignite the spirits of peace (referred to with the natural expression ‘gasses’) that have often accumulated for miles around. This moment of ignition is then also the moment of the earth tremor with which you are already familiar.
7. The consequences of such ignitions are already sufficiently known to you. However, I had to make sure that such ignitions do not occur too often, since, in time, they could bring about the complete destruction of the world’s body, namely through the actions of the angel who acts freely according to My will (and who, when he is equipped with My power for the execution of My will, would care little if a thousand earths would be scattered to the wind like chaff, if it was for the glorification of My name) – so, here and there on the earth, I have erected permanent wrath dischargers for the infernal spirits, through which water is constantly led to dampen these blistering places. And even if there are accumulations of such gasses, then they are naturally discharged in a certain way, without significant devastation, like the smoke through a chimney.
8. Of course, people should not build their homes close to such places, because in the immediate vicinity of such ‘chimneys’, greater or lesser devastations must necessarily take place. And since the earth is quite vast, it is therefore not necessary to build dwellings in direct proximity of these chimneys of hell.
9. Behold, in spiritual terms, volcanoes are nothing but the wrath dischargers of hell. These volcanoes possess many thousand underground passages and estuaries, similar to the roots of a big tree. Nevertheless, they cannot reach every conceivable place of the earth, because the earth would have to be like a bath sponge, which cannot be, if it should and must be able to support men, mountains, countries and all the great waters, so that its surface may be a solid and firm school for the freedom of life in Me.
10. And so, wherever the volcanic passages cannot reach, very often elevations may occur through the accumulation of spirits that have been freed. However, in order to prevent such tremendous destruction, openings are created by a second angel in the lowlands of the earth, as well as in the mountain gorges. Through these openings the gasses escape unignited as violent winds and storms, blowing across the surface of the earth.
11. You see, such elevations occur almost every day. Simply take a look at the so-called barometer, and you will be able to sufficiently observe the perpetual accumulation of such spirits by the falling and rising of the mercury. When the mercury falls from line to line, the accumulation takes place underground. The earth clod with the crust is raised. Thereby you are lifted up together with your cities, mountains and rivers from fathom to fathom (depth gauge) higher into the lighter layers of the air. And since the air column, which presses against the mercury, naturally becomes smaller and smaller, the mercury in the tube also falls according to the measure of the lightening of the air column above it.
12. If then, according to My love, a well-calculated proportionate exit gate is erected for the free spirits or, naturally speaking, the ‘gasses’, then they flow out gradually, just like the air from a furnace. The clod and the crust then gradually sink back into their previous position. And to the same extent that the sinking back occurs, the mercury in the tube rises again, because the air column above it naturally becomes longer, more intense and heavier again.
13. You might ask, even if not right now, but little by little, what will further happen to these spirits (of peace) released from the water. I tell you, nothing else than this… Ask yourselves, what is it you do after your work is done? You go to your homes, and there you peacefully rest from the laborious day’s work, from the strain on your hands. – Behold, the same is also the case with these spirits who have been freed, and all the more so because they know the path they must travel to become the soul of a free man on earth.
14. Behold, these spirits immediately unite with the spirits originating from the free spheres of light, attract each other, unite upon the so-called electro-magnetic path, which is often visible to you, but mostly invisible, and which, of course, would be more appropriately called ‘the path of natural love’. Afterwards, they usually descend back down again in the rain, often even in the form of hail and snow, fertilizing the earth.
15. There are only very slight differences between rain, hail and snow, all of which have the same cause. – In the case of hail, sometimes even more evil unborn spirits have joined the free spirits from the water. So that these spirits can cause no further devastation, they are immediately captured and bound by the spirits from the water, their fury cooled down and soothed, and are led back to the earth in the form of hail. For this reason, hailstorms usually occur with greater vehemence than any other rain or windstorm.
16. That this is the case is shown to you by the clouds crisscrossing before such a storm. When you see this, the moment has come when such evil spirits are caught by the fierceness of the spirits of peace, at which point such spirits always make themselves known by an unwilling, audible grumbling, a raving, as well as frequent lightning and thundering. But all this will do them little or no good, for in the end, they are captured in their entirety and, as you already know, led to the place of their destiny.
17. Once they have reached the earth, they will be received by the softened matter, and the peaceful (water) spirits will quietly depart from their solid lumps. – If a hailstorm such as this has caused some damage to your fruits here and there, you should nevertheless not worry too much about it, for this damage is not in the slightest proportion to what would happen if the spirits of peace did not take action against the ‘untimely’ destroyers of the world, according to My will. They would immediately ignite in their freedom, and the earth would suffer the same fate as a big heap of gun powder would.
18. Therefore, you should not be so anxious in the future when you see these things unfold before your eyes. Everything that happens is done out of love for you. And even if someone is deservedly chastised a little, you know… If you chastise your children only out of love, though being evil yourself – how much more will I, the only good Father, chastise My children only out of love!
19. Behold, this is how it is with these things which, up until now, have been incomprehensible to all! And as in a small proportion with the hail, so it is, but over a longer period of time, the case with the snow and likewise with the ice. For you must know, the more north any point of the earth lies, the more devious and evil are the (nature) spirits inhabiting it.
20. But remember this now… After what you have learned so far about the nature of things from My grace, you can already get a small idea of what use all the worldly wisdom is! – But if someone wants to learn a craft, he must go to a master, otherwise he will remain a perpetual bungler and flicker. But I am a true and proper master in all things. Therefore, whoever wants to know them must be taught by Me, the author of all things. For by no other way is it possible to enter My kingdom than through the gate which I have shown you. Woe to the thieves and robbers who wish to sneak in through the roof, for they will suffer the same fate as the spirits suffered through the hail, because they will be ejected into the outer darkness for an entire eternity.
21. But the common man shall one day be instructed in everything, according to the receptivity of his love. However, the wise of the world shall be put to shame by an empty snail shell and by the larvae of born infusoria! For truly, I say to you, one day even an earthworm shall put such wise men to shame in their supposed wisdom.
22. Therefore, he who does not learn it from Me is a fool. But he who has received it from Me, however small the gift, will not be able to consume what he has received for all eternities. For I am always infinite, as in the greatest, so in the smallest. And so, even a little sun dust as a gift from Me is no less great and infinite than the greatest of the suns, which, amidst countless solar legions, is like a mother sitting in the midst of her children, blessing them.
23. Now understand this well in your hearts. For I, the giver of all good things, have given it to you – a good and edible piece of bread unto eternal life.
24. Therefore, rejoice in your hearts, for you know that when you distribute bread to your children, you are not far from them. – Behold, the same is the case with Me as well!
25. Wherever My bread of life appears, have faith that I, your good Father, am not far off! – Amen. – This say I, your good Father… Amen.