|Noah’s Drunkenness and Curse over Canaan|
Noah’s Drunkenness and Curse over Canaan
Jesus Christ reveals thru Jacob Lorber – The Household of God
Volume 3, Chapters 363 & 364
The Lord says:
1. After a while Noah explored his area to find some good wooden trunks for building a hut; but there was only little or nothing to find, because the flood had either buried all the forests under several fathoms of sand, or – especially from the mountains – were completely washed away and buried in the valleys under mud and debris.
2. Thus, Noah asked the Lord that He should show him some wood from which he could build a hut.
3. And soon a messenger arrived from the region where the Lord had moved to, and led Noah to a place where there was a beautiful forest, and said to him: “Behold, Noah, this forest the Lord has preserved for you under the water! Therefore you should settle here in the vicinity of this forest and build a hut for you in accordance to your needs! Thus you also should lay out fields to grow all kinds of crops, which you have brought here in the box!
4. And see, here at your feet a bushy plant; it is the vine! Plant its branches duly into the earth; fertilize and bury them carefully, and it will yield you sweet grapes full of the best juice!
5. Press these grapes in a good vessel which must be closed properly! Then let the juice in the vessel ferment fully; and when it becomes pure, drink it moderately, and you will be strengthened by it and become very cheerful and happy! Thus it is the will of the Lord; do accordingly and you will be very happy and cheerful for the rest of your life!”
6. After these words the messenger left Noah, and Noah soon complied with everything with the help of his sons, whose names were Sem, Ham and Japhet; and so, within seven years after the flood, Noah had a good and solid dwelling and many fields, pastures and a beautiful vineyard, which, however, only began to carry fruit after ten years, according to the will of the Lord.
7. Then Noah gathered the grapes and pressed them into a suitable container made of cedar wood, had the juice well fermented, and when the juice became clear, he tasted it and found it very delicious and thus drank quite a lot from it.
8. But since he did not know the effect of this juice, it happened that he became intoxicated by it and fell into a deep sleep. But because the wine caused a lot of heat in the body, he undressed and lay naked on the green grass under a shady fig tree, around which the dwelling without a roof was built.
9. And when Ham, the father of Canaan (Canaan was born in the second year after the flood), came into the open hut, led by Canaan, and saw Noah’s private parts, he went outside to his brothers and told them about it.
10. But Sem and Japhet took a cloak, put it over their shoulders, walked backwards into the hut to their Father Noah and covered their father’s nakedness; but their faces were turned away so that they could not see their father’s nakedness.
11. But when Noah awoke from the wine anesthesia and learned what the little son of Ham had done to him, he said to Ham: “Therefore your son Canaan is cursed; for all times of times he shall remain a servant of servants and be the least among the brethren, because he first told you about my nakedness!
12. Thereupon he turned to the two other sons and said: “Praise to God, may He spread the lineage of Sem! Canaan will remain his servant! Thus may God also spread Japhet, and let him dwell in the hut of Sem; but Canaan remains his servant!”
13. Thereupon he blessed Sem and Japhet; but he chased Ham out of the hut, along with his wife and children.
1. Ham then realized that he had acted wrongly and without consideration in front of his father and regretted it very much.
2. This the two blessed brothers noted and went to Noah and told him how Ham repented for his sin against him.
3. And Noah said: “Listen, you my beloved sons, I also see Ham crying; but he does not cry for the sake of my father heart, but he cries because of his servitude! Thus he repents for his transgression against me, because he thereby has fallen into bondage; however, that he hurt my father heart, he does not repent for? And thus he remains a servant because he does not know that the living heart of his father stands higher than its bondage! Go and tell him such!”
4. And Sem and Japhet soon told Ham about this.
5. But he said: “Truly, brothers, if Noah had a living heart, he never would have cursed me to eternal servitude; but since he bears no living father heart in his chest, he did this to me!”
6. And Sem said: “Verily, you are causing father injustice; for only self-love is talking out of you! The heart can only be found with the heart again, whether it is one or none!
7. If you had a heart for the father, you would also find his; but since you have no heart for the father, you can also not find one in the father, and it is understandable now why the father cannot find anything in you that would be of his heart!”
8. However, this admonition vexed Ham, and he took his wife and children and some cows, oxen and sheep, and moved up to the region of today’s Sidon and Tyre and named the land after his son and said:
9. “Now, in the name of the Lord who also has blessed me, I just want to see how, where and when I will become a servant of my brothers!
10. Truly, the curse of Noah, my father, did hurt me, although I have deserved it! I thus want to take revenge against my father and my brothers; but not by evil – no, God forbid! – But by blessing them I will exert my revenge!
11. Those who cursed me, I want to bless; and this blessing will become glowing coals over their heads and will ignite their hearts! And thus the land of my son shall never be called a land of curse and bondage, but a land of glory and blessing!
12. And thus my tribe shall never get into the situation, where they have to seek services in the huts of my brother’s descendants; but they will come to this blessed land and will seek and take up residence in my cities! Amen.”
13. And a messenger came from Salem and said to Ham: “This land belongs to Salem; whoever wants to live in it, must give to the King of kings in Salem the tithe of everything!”
14. And Ham said: “Lord, here is everything that I have; take it, for it is Yours forever anyway!”
15. And the messenger said: “Because this is your will, this land is blessed for the children of the Lord; and you shall be their faithful servant!”
16. This pleased Ham a lot, and he gave a tithe of everything at once; but he did not understand that the messenger called the descendants of Japhet the Lord’s children.
17. And so the Hamites and the Canaanites lived undisturbed in this country until the times of Abraham, because Ham had blessed those, who had given him the curse.
Who was Jakob Lorber…?
Jakob Lorber was born in 1800, he was a simple and humble man. At 40 years of age he received a series of dictations as a voice in his heart. Following this he went to on write a number of volumes of spiritual texts which serve to clarify the teachings of the Bible for the modern age. In “A Guide for the Perplexed” the famous economist E.F Schumacher described these writings as the greatest written works in human history. Lorber’s writings present Christ’s teachings as originally intended – free of translation errors and free of deliberate and unintentional corruptions that have occurred over time. Lorber’s writings considerably expand upon the teachings available in the Bible. Below are some elements of Christ’s teachings as presented in Lorber’s writings which are likely to address common modern misunderstandings due to the distortions of various churches and teachers over time.
|=> VIDEO||=> VIDEO => PDF => TEXT/AUDIO|
|=> VIDEO => TEXT & AUDIO||=> HOUSEHOLD OF GOD|
|=> HEAVENLY GIFTS OVERVIEW||=> SCRIPTURE EXPLANATIONS|
|=> OVERVIEW COMMANDMENTS||=> OVERVIEW CHILDHOOD OF JESUS|
|=> THE GREAT GOSPEL OF JOHN||=> BEYOND THE THRESHOLD|
|=> 53 SERMONS FROM JESUS||=> SECRETS OF LIFE|
All available PDF Documents…
Please download all the Documents to your Computer, in case this Site will be blocked or the Internet is down… – When you believe in Jesus – please spread the Word of Jesus and His wonderful Teachings everywhere…